In the warm weather seasons, one of Michigan’s biggest pest control issues is mosquitoes. They’re common carriers of serious diseases such as the West Nile Virus, Zika Virus, and EEE Virus. While there are steps you can take to reduce mosquito populations before choosing to use a pest control service, their proliferation can often become overwhelming. When that happens, Safeguard Pest Solutions provides safe, effective mosquito control that will help keep you and your loved ones safe.
Mosquito Pest Control
Get even more mosquito control outside your home by keeping your grass and shrubs trimmed short; this will reduce resting spots for flying adults.
- Keep mosquitoes out of the house by ensuring your windows and door screens are in good working order.
- Use mosquito netting over infant carriers when outdoors.
- Wear long-sleeved shirts and long pants while outdoors, and consider staying indoors early in the morning and evening when mosquitoes are most active.
- Consider using an insect repellent.
Mosquito Friendly Habitats
Most mosquitoes lay their eggs in water and wet areas, and they don’t need very much. A plastic bottle cap can hold enough water to support mosquito breeding.
Reduce Breeding Sites
- Find and remove any puddles or standing water close to your home to reduce breeding sites.
- Puncture unusable tires in the yard to prevent pools of water from forming inside them.
- Wipe out bird-baths every few days. The eggs can get stuck to the bottom and survive dry periods.
- Diligently maintain your swimming pool to prevent mosquito breeding.
Mosquito Life Cycle
Mosquito pest control means disrupting their life cycle. This may reduce the number of mosquitoes around your property.
Seasonal Pest Elimination Program
The PEP program is custom designed pest control to rid your home or business of unwanted bugs and insects! A professional exterminator from our PEP Service will design the exact treatment formula and rotation schedule to get rid of bed bugs, ants, stink bugs, spiders, wasps, Japanese beetles and more, and keep them out.
Get Your Free Estimate
Fill out this simple form and tell us about your pest problem for a free pest control estimate.