SAFEGUARD YOUR HOME
Mosquito Pest Control
Get even more mosquito control outside your home by keeping your grass and shrubs trimmed short; this will reduce resting spots for flying adults.
- Keep mosquitoes out of the house by ensuring your windows and door screens are in good working order.
- Use mosquito netting over infant carriers when outdoors.
- Wear long-sleeved shirts and long pants while outdoors, and consider staying indoors early in the morning and evening when mosquitoes are most active.
- Consider using an insect repellent.
Mosquito Friendly Habitats
Most mosquitoes lay their eggs in water, and they don’t need very much. A plastic bottle cap can hold enough water to support mosquito breeding.
Reduce Breeding Sites
- Find and remove any puddles or standing water close to your home to reduce breeding sites.
- Puncture unusable tires in the yard to prevent pools of water from forming inside them.
- Wipe out bird-baths every few days. The eggs can get stuck to the bottom and survive dry periods.
- Diligently maintain your swimming pool to prevent mosquito breeding.
Mosquito Life Cycle
The mosquito has four life stages: egg, larva, pupa, and adult.
Mosquito pest control means disrupting that life cycle may reduce the number of mosquitoes around your property. There are steps you can take to reduce mosquito populations before choosing to use a pesticide product. But when it becomes too overwhelming, Safeguard Pest Control can help.
Email us about your problem or call us at 231-903-0063 and get help fast! Control mosquitoes in their habitat before they sting!
West Nile Virus
Protect yourself against West Nile virus by doing what you can to prevent mosquito bites. People who work in outdoor occupations or spend time outdoors are at increased risk for West Nile virus infection from mosquito bites. Adults 50 years old and older have the highest risk of severe illness caused by the virus. Symptoms include a high fever, confusion, muscle weakness, and severe headache. More serious complications include neurological illnesses, such as meningitis and encephalitis.