SAFEGUARD YOUR HOME
FROM CARPENTER ANTS
Carpenter ants are one of the largest and most common ants in Michigan. Unlike termites, they only nest in wood and do not eat it. Worker ants will however borough through wood with their mandibles and excavate piles outside your walls. You’ll commonly find them in hollow trees and stumps. Sometimes these ants can find their way into your home. Carpenter ants prefer enclosed spaces with excessive moisture conditions.
Common places you may find carpenter ants are windows, chimneys, sinks, doorframes or bath traps and in hollow spaces such as wall voids.
Do you think you have an ant problem in your home or yard? We can help!
Prevent Carpenter Ants From Invading Your Home
Carpenter ants are the number 1 ant pest we get calls on.
Preventing ant infestations is your best defense against an army.
1) Trim trees and bushes so branches don’t touch your house.
2) Fix areas in your home with bad moisture problems such as leaky roofs and bad plumbing.
3) Paint and/or seal exposed wood construction before it becomes wet.
4) Replace rotted, water-damaged, and previously Ant-infested wooden parts of the structure.
5) Eliminate wood/soil contacts.
6) Remove dead stumps on the property and store firewood off the ground and away from the structure.
Carpenter ants are one of the largest and most common ants in Michigan. Unlike termites, they only nest in wood and do not eat it. Outdoors, they commonly nest in hollow trees and stumps. Finding them indoors during the summer does not necessarily mean they are nesting in your house, they may just be coming in from outside. The best method of controlling an indoor colony of carpenter ants is to locate the nest and treat it directly with a persistent insecticide registered for indoor use.
Contact Safeguard Pest Solutions if you have any questions by calling 231-903-0063